1. What certificates can I order online?
You can order certificates online for births, deaths and marriages registered in Scotland from 1855 to 2015, and civil partnerships registered in Scotland from 2004 to 2015.
2. What certificates cannot be ordered from us?
3. Can I order certificates that were originally registered outwith Clackmannanshire?
Yes, as professionally qualified Registrars we can issue certificates registered anywhere in Scotland. Even if your original event was registered in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen or indeed anywhere in Scotland we are fully authorised to issue a replacement certificate from that area.
4. Can I only order my own birth certificate?
No, you can order any birth, death, marriage, or civil partnership certificate as long as you are able to provide all the details required on the on-line application form.
5. What information do I need to apply online?
When you apply online, you need to provide:
6. How do I order certificates for recent events?
We are not able to provide certificates for events that have taken place in the current year. If you need a recent certificate, please contact the Registration Office in the district where the event was registered. A Directory of Registrars in Scotland is available from the National Records of Scotland.
7. When will my certificate be despatched?
We will despatch your certificate within 5 working days of receiving your order.
8. How will my certificate be delivered?
Your certificate will be sent by Royal Mail First Class post. Orders for overseas customers will be sent by airmail. Postage costs just £0.60 for UK delivery and £1.25 for overseas orders.
9. Can I arrange for alternative postal services, such as special delivery or recorded delivery?
Please contact us directly by telephone on +44 (0)1259 723850 (Monday to Friday 9am - 4.30pm.) to discuss alternative postal options available. An additional charge will be made for alternative postal options.
10. I need my certificate quickly. Do you have a priority service?
Our FastTrack Priority Service costs £10.00. If your certificate is ordered before 1 pm on a working day it will be dispatched the same day.
If your certificate is ordered after 1 pm on a working day, at weekends or during public holidays it will be dispatched on the next working day.
11. What should I do if I have not received my certificate?
Please allow at least 10 working days from the order date before you contact us or 15 working days if you live overseas. If you still haven't received your certificate after this time, please contact us to enquire about your order.
12. Is there an alternative method to submitting an order online?
Yes, you can order a certificate by contacting our office in person or by telephone:
Tel: +44 (0)1259 723850
13. Which card types can I use?
You can use the following card types:
Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Mastercard Debit
14. What will appear on my credit card bill or bank statement?
Your payment will be charged to 'Clackmannanshire Council'.
15. Will I receive a receipt?
Yes, a receipt will be displayed on screen after you have successfully submitted your payment card details. Please print this receipt for your records, if required.
If you provide an email address, we will also send you a copy of the receipt by email.
The receipt will include a unique transaction reference number - please quote this number if you need to contact us about your payment.
If you need a receipt but the above methods are not available to you, please call +44 (0)1259 723850 to process your transaction and request a receipt.
16. Is it safe to send my credit card details over the internet?
We use the latest technology to ensure that your payment card and personal details are protected and secure. Your credit card number is not stored by us at any stage in the payment process, and all of the details of your transaction are transmitted using strong encryption provided by SSL (Secure Socket Layer). The payment services used by Clackmannanshire Council, on behalf of Scottish Certificates.org.uk, are provided by Secure Trading and the Bank of Scotland, both major companies and leaders in the field of internet payment services.
17. Will I receive a refund if my application is unsuccessful?
We will provide a full refund if your application is unsuccessful. A refund will be made directly to your credit/debit card account. An e-mail of explanation will also be sent to you.
18. I have been asked to have my birth certificate legalised by an Apostile. Who do I get in touch with?
Some foreign governments ask for documents to be legalised by an Apostille. If you require your certificate to have an Apostille added please contact The Legalisation Office, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
If you have any other enquiry not covered here, please contact us and we will endeavour to assist.